Sunday 2 September 2012

Printable Tabata Workout

From my post: Quick & "Easy" Indoor Workout:

Warm-Up (do this twice):
50 Jumping Jacks
25 Squats (quick ones)
10 Burpees

Set 1 (Legs & Cardio):
Remember, 20 seconds on, 10 second off per minute. 

1st & 3rd Minute - FROG SQUAT

2nd & 4th minute - Mountain Climbers

REST FOR 30 SECONDS

Set 2 (Legs, AGAIN):

1st and 3rd Minute -Ski Moguls

2nd and 4th minute - Lunge Jump
Keep in mind, if this is your first time doing this workout, you may be feeling out of breath and tired at this point. If you are, don't force yourself to do the jump in the middle. You can just step back and lunge with the other leg. Whatever is most comfortable for you! 

REST FOR 30 SECONDS - You're halfway there!

 SET 3 (Abs & Arms):
Switching it up here, I'm going to do 4 different exercises!

First Minute - Bicycle Crunch

 2nd minute - Tricep Dips
You can do these like below or using a chair/bench or any other sturdy surface

 3rd minute - Double Crunch

 Fourth Minute - Downward Dog Push-Ups
 These are BRUTAL, but they are also awesome

SET 4: Full Body

1st & 3rd Minute - Spider Man Abs 

Description from Glamour Magazine: Start in push-up position with hands directly below shoulders. Pull right knee out to the side, hovering toward the right elbow, as shown. Return to start and repeat on opposite side.**IF YOU CAN** Add a push-up in the middle.

2nd & 4th minute - Cross Knee Plank

Description from Glamour Magazine: Starting in push-up position, bend and lift left knee, bringing it across body toward right elbow, as shown. Return to start and repeat, bringing right knee to left elbow.

YOU'RE DONE! 

Cool Down:
I'll  admit, when I do this on my own, I'm bad and don't usually stretch & when I do, I don't really have any sequence for them, so I reccomend you head over to FitSugar for a great sequence of stretches. You can also do whatever you feel is best for you!

I hope you enjoyed this workout, I know I sure do! If you have ANY questions at all, please, please, please feel free to leave a comment below. I'd LOVE to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment