Friday 14 June 2013

If I Had a Million Dollars...

This past month or so has been pretty damn crazy. Between work (work and more work), streaking, planning an event and getting ready to move, my head has been in a bit of a buzz. Unfortunately, even though I'm tired as arse, this constant stimulation from life leads to some sleepless nights.

Sometimes when I can't sleep, I think about all the amazing things I have in my life (which I've talked about here). Other times, I like to indulge in a lil game I call "If I had a million dollars."

**Insert Barenaked Ladies Tune HERE **

Now, before I explain my crazy & outlandish desires, I do want to say that I am so damn grateful for everything that I have in my life. I (will soon) have an amazing new Townhouse, in a wonderful area, that I share with my amazing hubby. I have a truly wonderful job and really, there isn't anything I really go without.

Also, if I had a million dollars, I would obviously give back to my community and charities near and dear to my heart. I wouldn't be completely selfish with it, I PROMISE (you hear that Lottery Gods???)

All that aside...there are 2 ways that I play this game.

FIRST - What I would do if I didn't have to work (and didn't have to worry about $$):

1. Open up a bake shop - over the last 6 months or so, I have really re-discovered my love of baking. When I was growing up, one of my favourite things to do with my grandmother was make & bake delicious Mennonite treats. I continued to love making things, but as a poor, tired/lazy student, I didn't have the energy to make things nor did I have the tools to do so. Now that I DO have the tools (and let's be honest, PINTEREST for inspiration) it's one of my favourite things to do (and I'm actually pretty good at it). I would love to have a little shop to call my own and spread my love of treats with the world!

2. Open up a fitness studio - now, my goal with this would be to have a place where I (and my 2 fitness buddies AT & KWB) could help women (and men) like me who aren't exactly fitness junkies, find a way to enjoy exercise. I wouldn't have weight training machines or shouty bootcamp instructors (NOTHING against these instructors, at all, it just isn't my thing). I would focus on fun dance classes, running groups etc all geared at people wanting to get healthy without going to the gym. Ideally, I would also like to offer some sort of "Life Coaching" that would be tied into the whole program. I'm a big believer in the fact that if you are struggling with your weight and motivation to get moving, chances are, you have some life baggage that you need to deal with in tandem.

Essentially, I would take what I'm trying to accomplish my blog & make it happen in REAL LIFE and not just on the interwebs. 

SECOND: What would my DREAM house look like?

I have Pinterest and HGTV (Million Dollar Rooms, House of Bryan, Income Property etc. etc.) to thank for this second part of my game: If I had LOTS of money to play with, what would my home look like? 

Kitchen (all photos link back to original source/pinterest pin)

Next, I would have a Library that looked like this:


A closet that looked like THIS (and naturally filled with clothes like this too):

And a laundry room that looks like this:


I want THIS tree house in my backyard:


And THIS for my future, hypothetical children, just because I think it's cool & I would have wanted a room like this as a kid!

 My dream home would also be located on the water, so I could wake up to this:
 
And since we are dreaming, I'd like my wine cellar to look like this:



I mean really, I don't ask for much. :)

Like I said before, I am truly grateful for EVERYTHING that I have in my life and if I never get any of the things above, that wouldn't bother me in the slightest, but it really is fun to dream!

What would YOU do if you had a million dollars? 

No comments:

Post a Comment