Monday 17 June 2013

Peanut Butter & Banana Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips

It always starts like this:

"LEEEEEEEESE, I want COOOOKIEESSSS" - Hubby

I'm afraid my husband is a little bit addicted to cookies...and my baking. I don't mean this in a "toot toot"my own horn kind of way either. He's like this now because he's used to having fresh baked goods in the house on a regular basis since I've started this blog. He's a monster of my own making...a COOKIE monster, if you will. BUDDUM CHA!

Moving on.

After this outbreak of "ME WANT COOKIES" I ask him what kind he would like. It's never something simple like "Chocolate Chip" or "Peanut Butter" either (again, this is my own fault, I know). He says "Something with Banana and Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips" I say "Like Muffins?" "LEEEEESE I WANT COOKIESSSSS"

(P.S. I'm not exhaggerating THAT much here)

So, I head to the trusty interwebs and type in: Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Chip, Cookies and low and behold, a recipe pops up! Gotta love the Google. I take a quite peak at it and see that I have everything it calls for so, off I go! I didn't have the peanut butter chips they called for, so I used real PB instead.

Oh sweet Jesus in Heaven these are good. I'm talking, quite possibly my more favouristist cookies ever. They are soft, moist, ooey & gooey and (somewhat) healthy! I changed This will be my new go to cookie recipe, for sure!

Peanut Butter & Banana Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips
Original Recipe from SeriousEats.com

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Salt
3/4 cup Butter at Room Temp (calls for unsalted, I use salted)
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Mashed RIPE Bananas (about 2 large bananas)
1 Egg
2 cups Old Fashioned Oats (I used quick oats, worked just as well for me)
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (I used milk chocolate, my fave)

Method:
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon & salt and set aside.

Get your mixer suited up with the paddle attachment (pictured here, just because I love it so much):
Cream together the butter and the sugar until fluffy (about 2.5-3 mins). Beat in the banana, egg and peanut butter. Mix in the dry ingredients until JUST combined followed by the oats (again, until JUST combined). Next, use a spatula to stir in the chocolate chips:
Now, the hardest part: cover with cling wrap and put in the fridge for about 30mins. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. This step almost KILLED my hubby, but believe me, it`s important!

At around the 20min mark, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper (or tinfoil, as in my case) and use either a cookie scoop or 2 tablespoons to scoop cookie dough onto your baking sheets:
I made my cookies fairly large, so you can make yours a bit smaller if you like!
Pop them into the oven and bake for about 20 mins or until the edges turn a golden brown colour. Let them cool for 5 mins then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.

These are BEST enjoyed warm, but were quite tasty the next day!

Enjoy! 

- Lisa
Follow me on Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest too!

No comments:

Post a Comment