Monday 8 July 2013

Inside Out Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Just a quick little one I wanted to share with you today! I was making breakfast for hubby and myself this weekend before we went off to a wedding and I didn't have much on hand. I did a quick survey of the kitchen and found the following:

- cocoa powder
- 1/2 pack of white chocolate chips
- pancake mix
- bacon

I wanted to make something other than just plain pancakes so I figured I would experiment with adding the cocoa powder to the batter and put in the white chocolate chips (hence the inside-out).

Full disclaimer, I didn't have sour cream on hand, otherwise I would have made my fave pancakes from scratch.

Anywhoo, here is the recipe for the Inside Out Pancakes. They were super scrumptious and you could totally taste the chocolate without it being too overpowering! These would be perfect for Sunday Brunch, a special birthday morning, or in our case, just because!

Inside Out Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Ingredients:

Pancake Mix (or, if you have the ingredients, whip up a batch of these bad boys)
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp of sugar
1 cup of white chocolate chips
Butter (to grease your griddle)
Warm Maple Syrup

Method:
If making your pancakes from a mix, follow directions on the package (mine was just add water). OR if you're making the Sour Cream Pancakes (jealous!) follow the recipe here right up until the cooking part!

Next, add in the cocoa powder, the sugar and the white chocolate chips and mix until JUST combined! 



Heat your frying pan to medium low and melt some butter. Using a 1/4 cup, pour batter onto the griddle. Wait until the top is all bubbly and the edges are brown and then flip. 


Wait for about another minute and take a quick peek underneath to see if they are cooked!

Serve up with some coffee, bacon & warm maple syrup. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment