Thursday 31 October 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

First...


Quite frankly, I'm glad Halloween is finally here. I kind of forgot about it until this morning and I realized we had to get dressed up for work *sigh* I'm not a huge Halloween fan, as I've established before so I'm excited because tomorrow I can finally start my Holiday Baking Series!!

Before I do that though, I have ONE more Fall Baking Post for you! Given that I'm not a HUGE pumpkin fan, I was reluctant about these, but they are quite good. I brought them up to a family gathering with hubby's fam awhile back and they were GONE in about 10 minutes.



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 & 1/2 tsp of Pumpkin Spice
1 cup butter at room temp
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 cups chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)

Method:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and pumpkin spice and set aside.

In a mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar until nice and fluffy (about 3-4 mins). Add the vanilla, egg and pumpkin and continue to mix until all combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients until everything is JUST combined. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips.

Using a cookie scoop (or tablespoon, which is what I have) drop rounded batter onto the baking sheet. Put in the oven for about 10 mins or until they are golden brown around the edges. 

When they are done, let them cool on the pan for a couple mins, then transfer to a wire rack. 

Mmmmm pumpkin. Please ignore my ugly hands, clearly I'm a nail bitter.

Happy Halloween!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment