Wednesday 27 November 2013

Winter Bucket List 2013

Not going to lie. I'm one of those annoying Canadians that LOVE winter. There is just something about it that is so beautiful and wondrous that every year, I look forward to the first snowfall.

Don't get me wrong, there are some aspects that drive me crazy. I have a pretty substantial commute to work, so snow usually means accidents, poor drivers and slow downs. I'm also not a huge fan of slush and gross snow and after awhile, I get pretty tired of the cold.

Aside from that, though, I HEART WINTER. I love that after a fresh blanketing of snow, everything just seems quiet and serene when you step outside. It's like the world is on pause.
Due to my love of winter, I've decided to put together a list of things I want to do this winter to enjoy it to the fullest! I'll be sure to come back and strike them out as they happen & add to the list if I think of anything!

Winter Bucket List 2013 
(in no particular order):

Before Christmas:
  • Listen to Christmas music and dance around my living room (preferably with my sister while listening to A Very Special Christmas Vol. 2, the best Christmas Album EVER)
  • Drink Eggnog with Rum
  • Make a big batch of cookies to be dipped in Eggnog
  • Go look at Christmas lights around the neighborhood
  • Make peppermint bark 12.01.13
  • Watch "Love Actually" "White Christmas" and "The Muppet Christmas Carol
  • Make LOTS of Christmas themed treats
  • Buy something sparkly to wear on NYE  
  • Annual Brunch & Shop with my Dad and Sister 
  • Go to a Christmas Party  
  • Drink hot chocolate and Bailey's 11.30.13
Anytime:
  • Play in the snow with my puppies and hubby
  • Spend an entire day in my PJ's watching movies with hubby 12.08.13
  • Make a snow angel
  • Have a snowball fight
  • Drink Coffee with Bailey's in it 12.07.13
  • Go sledding (on a Zipfy, cuz those things are rad)
  • Go skating - haven't done that in YEARS!
  • Make a big pot of soup - perfect for cold days
  • Make hot apple cider
  • Volunteer in a soup kitchen/"Out of the Cold" program
  • Wear thick, fluffy socks and slide around the floor
  • Dress up and go out to a romantic dinner or double date
  • Game night(s) with family/friends
  • Drink hot chocolate in front of a cozy fire 11.30.13
  • Go for a long, lazy run during a snow fall

No comments:

Post a Comment