Monday 17 March 2014

KitKat Chocolate Chip Cookies


Guys....I think I may have just found me NEW favourite cookie. I know, I know, I have a lot of them, but I think this might just be it. It's basically a variation of my OTHER favourite cookie recipe with the addition of KITKATS. I mean, KitKat just makes everything better, no?

Exactly.

KitKat Chocolate Chip Cookies

Makes about 16 cookies
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp honey
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
4-5 mini KitKat Chocolate Bars (or 2 full-size), crushed*

Method:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with a baking mat or parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt with a whisk and set aside. In a stand mixer on medium speed (or by hand, if you're brave!) cream together the butter and brown sugar until evenly combined.

Next, add the honey, egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Scrape down the sides with a spatula to make sure everything in incorporated. Add the flour mixture in slowly until everything is JUST mixed. Again, you may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.

Fold in the chocolate chips & the crushed KitKat (crushed pieces should be no bigger than a penny) with a wooden spoon.You can add more or less depending on the amount of chocolate you like in your cookies!

Using a tablespoon, scoop the dough onto your prepared baking sheets, you should have 14-16 cookies. Put in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Check them at the 10 minute mark as I found mine burnt a little at the 12 minute mark! 

Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack immediately. Store in an air tight container for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to a month (but good luck having them last that long!!) 



Mmmm yummy! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment